Sunday, November 28, 2010

Saturday.

Saturday was a great day.  It was exactly what the doctor ordered.  The boy and I realized that we've been ridiculously busy every weekend since we've been back [from America] and that we deserved a weekend to just... be.  We really only had one thing on the agenda and that was to attend our good friend Sarah Willey's black belt test.  In fact, I was her partner aka punching bag for the test.  She got to throw me around like a ragdoll and in turn, I get to test for my 2nd degree black belt.  woot woot.

Sarah's Hapkido master (Master Che)  is actually our grand master.  He taught Master Sim pretty much everything he knows.  He is intense.  Well, more like scary.  We've trained with him a few times and everytime he ends up putting me in a joint lock until I feel like crying.  He just stands there watching my agony all whilst smiling.  He moves like a snake and there's just something about him that demands respect.  He's the most quiet and least showy of all the masters that we've met, but I tell you what, the room goes silent once he walks in.   I find it incredible that Sarah Willey had the determination to take private lessons with him! 

Look at her!  She doesn't even look nervous!




Sarah Willey informing me that she'd be punching me... a lot.
 We didn't get any pictures of her actually performing her self-defense because Christ took video of it instead.  We only got the beginning and the end of it.  We did, however, get some pictures of her awesome kicks!


Yeah, she was amazing!  We're so proud of her.  Welcome to the black belt family Willey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...