Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is in the Air.


The picture above is just a sampling of some of the random love notes that I've found hidden around our apartment over the last two weeks.  Each note has a number accompanied by a reason why the boy loves me.  Even after three years, he still makes me swoon.

That's right, three years.  Well, kind of.  We don't really have a concrete date as to when our relationship came into existence, but we've decided to just make our anniversary the same as the lunar new year.  This way it'll always be different and exciting.  Plus in Korea it's a 3 day holiday- as any relationship anniversary should be.  

I love the tradition that we inadvertently started of being in a different country for each anniversary.  Our first anniversary was spent in Spokane, Washington.  We had a wonderfully lazy day.  We had coffee at one of our favorite spots, brunched, did a little thrifting and antiquing at Ruby Street, and ended the day with a wonderful meal that was cooked at home by Mama Staudinger. 

Celebrating anniversary numero uno @ Ruby Street Antiques.  3 months before heading off to Korea.
Our second anniversary was celebrated on our first trip to Thailand.  woot woot.  We decided to go all out and get ourselves a fancy hotel for the first couple of nights.  Thailand's just amazeballs in general so I don't know how we could have had a bad time there even if we tried.  We spent our [3-day] anniversary stuffing our mouths with pad thai, petting tigers, sleeping in an Ewok tree house, and wandering through the eclectic Chatuchak weekend market.  My heart is just swelling with the love I have of Thailand... and the boy of course. 

Leaving our bungalow in Chiang Mai, Thailand on anniversary numero dos.

This year we spent our anniversary in Seoul.  It's easy to forget that you're in Korea when you're in Seoul.  There's a vast array of different kinds of foods and there are even MEXICAN restaurants complete with real cheese and guacamole! There are also major chain stores like H&M and Forever 21.  I was so overwhelmed.  I was anticipating going on a mini shopping spree but I'm so used to little Korean boutiques that the 4-story H&M literally blew my mind and all I walked out with was 3 pairs of leggings. 

It was a mini-vacation for us and we decided to mostly spoil ourselves on yummy food.  We went to a little French bistro (with an actual French server) and had dessert.  We also stocked up on Haribo gummy bears and sour skittles.  All food aside, it was exceptionally nice to spend quality time together, just the two of us. 


These past three years have just flown by and I'm so grateful that I've been able to spend them with Chris.  I'm hoping that we'll continue to grow together and that our next anniversary will be just as special as the last three. 

2 comments:

  1. What a cool story. I haven't had any anniversaries with my girl yet, but really looking forward to finding interesting places to spend them.
    Congrats to you and I wish you many more years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew! I'm sure you'll come up with something awesome. I thoroughly enjoy your blog. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...