Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm a big LAME.

My blogging has been a little... lackluster the past few weeks.  I think I'm heading into my "mourning phase" of leaving Korea.  This happens every time I travel and you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but the obvious truth is that I definitely am not.

See the thing is, the boy is actually leaving Korea a week and a half before I do.  He's also taking Ares with him.  I have no idea what I'm going to do in our empty apartment sans boyfriend and cat.  It's becoming more apparent with each passing day that we're leaving- actually leaving.  We went to the post office today and sent a few boxes of clothes, books, and artwork back to our homes in the States.  I really didn't feel anything at the time, but I spent the remainder of my day in a terribly foul mood.

I'm stressed... really stressed and on top of it all, the little kitten we found is not doing well.  It breaks my heart to say it, but I don't think she'll make it through the night. We've done everything we can and our friend Sarah has been the best foster mother to her.  It's just so sad to watch her fade.

There is good news however.  As of Thursday, the boy and I have our airfare booked to Ecuador.  We've purchased our tickets from Seattle to New York as well as our tickets to Ecuador.  I'm more than excited although most of my research has told me that the taxi drivers are known to kidnap and rob tourists.  Fantastic.  I just might have to put my double black belt status to use.

I promise I'll have more uplifting posts over the next few weeks.  Hopefully.  Until then, send good thoughts and prayers our way.  We're both so stressed and anxious about the big transitions we're about to go through.  Thanks for sticking with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...