Monday, November 1, 2010

New Family Members

Well well well... here's their first debut. These are the swords that Chris and I were given yesterday. It's still unbelievable that we actually have them. We trained with them for the first time today and my right wrist and forearm hurt so bad already. It's definitely not going to be easy. The hardest part is sheathing and unsheathing them properly (and without cutting yourself).

IMG_5557

D'ya see what I was talking about with the color? Not normally something I'd be into, but for some reason it's perfect on my sword. A little periwinkle and blood to start your day, no?

IMG_5560

You can see the details around the kilt and the "white stuff" is either shark or sting ray skin.

IMG_5562
IMG_5567

The boy is happy. He's been wanting one of these since those days back in the womb.

IMG_5571

Now all I've got to think of is a sweet name for mine. Chris has decided to name his 용기 pronounced "young-gi" which means "courage or valor". I'm thinking of 소리 pronounced "so-ri". It means 'sound' in Korean and it'll be the only "sound" that you hear when I use my sword. It also sounds a lot like "sorry", which I'm sure I'll be saying A LOT in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...