Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Culinary Milestone

Something very exciting happened today.  The day that I never thought would come actually arrived and it took me completely by surprise.  Ladies and Gentlemen after 25 years of walking this Earth, I finally ate a whole bowl of cereal...

...with milk.


Now I'm sure a lot of you are confused.  But, don't you always eat your cereal with milk Tawny?

The answer is no.  Not ever.  I don't even really like milk.  The only person in my immediate family who can drink milk straight is my brother- and he's lactose intolerant.  My mom, dad, and I don't really enjoy it.  So instead of eating our cereal with milk, my dad and I would always pour some orange juice over the top.  Nom nom nom delicious. 

I love cereal.  I love orange juice.  Mix the two together and it's pure perfection.  I once shared my culinary concoction with my best friend in junior high.  She told me that she tried cereal with juice and absolutely hated it. When I asked what kind of juice she used she replied, "Capri Sun".  No no no.  For me, it has to be orange juice. 

This morning the boy went out to fetch something to eat for breakfast.  He came back and prepared his bowl of cereal and for the first time in my life, it looked delicious with the milk in it.  I decided that I would be adventurous and go in for a bite and hot damn!  Cereal with milk is where it's at. I can't believe that it took me so long.

The veil has been lifted people.  No cereal is safe.  I'm yearning to go out and buy a box of Lucky Charms to see how those crunchy, stale marshmallows taste with the sweet, white nectar that I've just become acquainted with. 

While I'm not sure that I'm willing to give up on my orange juice just yet, you best believe that milk will become a frequent supplement to my breakfast.  Three cheers for milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...