Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Busy Bees.

Oooh we've been so busy over here ("bidgee bidgee" as one of my students would say).  Planning a RTW trip is a lot more challenging than I expected it to be.  I thought we could just hop on a plane to wherever and take it from there.  I mean, I guess we still can but now that we've got a budget we've got to plan just a little more carefully.  Budgets.  Gross.

Want to know what we've got so far?  Too bad, because I'm going to tell you anyway.  Close your browser if you wish. 

Well, we're planning on starting off in Seattle.  We leave Korea in May and want to spend some time with our families and friends.  We're hoping that we'll be able to jet off to NYC in June for the NoFF Film Festival then depart from there to Ecuador (or Panama depending on our mood).  We might be able to even get a free trip to Brazil and Argentina if we win Filmmaker of the Year on TripFilms.  (clickity click here to get in your last minute vote for Captain and Clark- we'd love you to the moon and stars)

From there we'll head around South America (after the Galapagos, of course) to deliver whatever letters are addressed around the area.  Once we're finished, we'll hop on a plane and head to EUROPE!  Ahhhh Greece!  Italy!  Spain!  France- oh mon dieu!  It's a shame that this girl has her Bachelor's in French and has never even stepped foot in the country- or Europe as a whole for that matter!  Don't worry- I've been brushing up on my françaisAhem... Excusez-moi mais... savez-vous à quelle heure ouvre la Louvre

I know that Europe's going to be the most expensive leg of the journey (champagne and pain au chocolats on the daily), but we've got a number of friends there and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll have accommodations for the majority of the trip.  (Hear that friends?  I'm showing up at yo' doorsteps) 

From Europe we'll head to India- whether there's a letter addressed there or not.  The boy has been there before and I'm just itching to see the Taj Mahal and experience the Delhi Belly.  Well, maybe not the last one so much, but you best believe I'm going to stuff my face with as much curry and naan as humanly possible. 

After India we'll hopefully catch a flight to Bangkok and spend the remainder of our trip trolling around Southeast Asia.  If we're lucky, and not too poor, we might try to hit up Australia.  Again, the boy's been there but we both want to get our scuba on- Great Barrier Reef style. 

I'm sure there will be a lot of changes made to this "itinerary" over the next few months but it sure is fun to map this whole journey out.  Let us know if you have any advice on what's the best way to go about purchasing our airfare, or any advice in general (like how to make a turkey out of kimchi).  And while I still have you here; check out the latest video that the beau made for the newest addition to our family.  It's so purdy.


Watch more Seoul videos at tripfilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...