Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The best way to travel Korea?

Take a TRAIN!

I know only half of you will be as excited as the boy and I were for our first Korean train experience.  To be fair, we're American and we don't really have trains.  Not really.  We have the mini "choo-choo trains" that you ride around Santa's workshop in the malls around Christmas time.  We also have mystery trains.  Those are fun, but not really how one would get from point A to point B.  (Unless those points involve solving a murder)

When we got back from our first cross-country train ride we gushed about it to our friends... who are British.  They were not impressed.  But hey- it's super fast, has a dining car, and is so much smoother than taking the bus.  My name's Tawny Clark and I love trains.

Oh!  And a little tidbit of information for you- the onomatopoeia for a train in Korea is "cheek-cheek-bok-bok cheek-cheek-bok-bok" instead of "chuga-chuga-choo-choo".   I don't know which one I like better. 



Watch more Seoul videos at tripfilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...