Saturday, March 26, 2011

Drool Worthy.

So as you may know... the boy and I are in the tedious process of planning for our big RTW expedition.  When we're not caught up researching around the world airfare, cruise lines, hostels, currencies, vaccines, woofing and the like- you can find us (or me, rather) looking up sa-weet gear to load into my backpack. 

What am I pining for today, you ask?


Vibram Fivefingers Bikila running shoes.  Tell me those aren't awesome.  It kind of resemble a frog's foot, but they're built to maximum provide comfort for your underfoot as well as strengthening and training different muscles.  They're said to be uber comfortable as well.

The Patagonia Vitaliti skirtI've read nothing but great reviews on this skirt.  It is wrinkle resistant and durable.  You can wear it casual, dress it up, or even take it out on a hike.  It's lightweight, and it's versatility makes it a good fit for a backpackers pack.  It's also easy to clean.  A sink, some water, and a little soap should do the trick. 

Osprey Aura 50.  Come to mama, you beautiful little thing.  Just look at her!  She's perfect.  It might be time to trade in my old backpack for a slightly smaller model.   I've had an REI Venus pack for a little over two years.  It's been great and I love it, but it's also a little too big.  It's 74 liters and I ideally want something in the 50-65 liter range.  The bigger the bag, the more useless stuff I'll pack.  It's just how it works.  I'm terrible about over-packing, and having a smaller pack will drastically reduce the amount of things I'll try to take with me.  Plus, this Osprey pack is a stunner.

That's the wish list for today.  Maybe REI will let me pick up a part-time job for the month that I'm home so I can score some sweet discounts.  That, or an extreme garage sale is in my near future. 

1 comment:

  1. I love my five fingers! they should be at the top of your lost for sure

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...