Sunday, March 13, 2011

Well that was quick!


Two months.  Only two months separate the boy and our from our imminent departure from a country that we've called home for two years.  Am I freaking out?  No.  I'm trippin' balls.  Seriously.

We decided that we were going to be prepared in every way possible for our journey back to the States.  We picked up a few boxes the other day and packed up our books and a few clothes that we won't be needing for the 3 months it'll take to ship them home.  Our apartment already feels empty.

I've also started preparing Ares for his big trip to America.  I'm more anxious for his first plane ride than anything else.  We still haven't figured out our exact departure date and until then we won't be able to get Ares situated.  I do know that we won't be drugging him in any way and that we need to get him his last round of shots before we leave.  

I'm not going to fool myself and tell me that we still have a lot of time left.  We don't.  I know that the next two months are going to fly by and before we know it, I'll find myself bawling my eyes out as we say goodbye to Master Sim, his new family, our friends, our students, our apartment and freshly prepared kimchi.

A few days ago the boy and I decided to make a list of all the things we want to do before we leave Korea.  I'm happy to report that the list is small.  We explored so much of this country it's not even funny.  I absolutely hate the feeling of leaving a place knowing that you could have seen or accomplished more.  Granted, we didn't get to experience everything, but we definitely took advantage of our time in Korea and that it something that I'm very proud of.  

Now if only I can pull myself together enough to get through a little more packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...